|Jean Toussaint's sax class at the 2015 GMF Tuscany International Workshop and Jazz Festival|
Photo Credit: Antonio Porcar Cano. All Rights Reserved
The Global Music Foundation has announced that its summer course - held last year in Certaldo Alto in Italy (link to photos!) will be held this year in London, centred around Pizza Express in Dean Street and running from August 17-21.
The teaching faculty is René Marie (USA -Vocals), Bruce Barth (USA - Piano), Perico Sambeat (Spain - Saxophone), Jean Toussaint (USA/UK - Saxophone), Arnie Somogyi (UK - Bass), Francesco Petreni (Italy - Percussion and Drums), Guillermo Rozenthuler (Argentina/UK - Vocals), Stephen Keogh (Ireland - Drums and course director).
The course has affiliations with both Leeds College of Music and New York's Jazz Standard Discovery Programme, who will put forward scholarship students. Some former scholarship students from GMF courses will assist the teaching faculty and also perform in the showcases: Nick Fitch (UK Guitar), Daniel Clason (Holland - Trumpet), Eleni Arapoglou (Greece - Vocals).
Compared to the normal GMF courses this one will have a small student intake. Nevertheless, there is a £50.00 early bird discount for any accepted applications made before February 29th.
Here's some factual/ descriptive blurb:
• An exceptional roster of Internationally acclaimed artists/teachers
• Intensive study - some 5 hours tuition per day, including supervised rehearsals, group workshops and ensemble sessions
• Free admission to all concerts given by members of the faculty and guest artists
• A stimulating programme of activities to develop musicianship skills and awareness: Choir, Samba, Pulse Training, Ear Training, Coordination and Movement
• Staged in the heart of London's vital cultural and entertainment district Soho, in the award winning venue The Pizza Express Jazz Club
GLOBAL MUSIC FOUNDATION WEBSITE