|A traffic update (picture is of Karachi)|
April 2017 has been the busiest month for traffic at the LondonJazz News website since the site started in 2009.
With a total of 192,000 page-views, April readership was 5% higher than the previous highest month (Nov 16) and roughly 40% up on where we were on average a year ago.
We published 75 stories in April, slightly below an average month. In the next few days the archive will pass the 7,000 mark.
Peter Bacon as Editor-at-Large is making a huge difference to the overall editorial quality and will be leading on a substantial new project later in the year.
It is noticeable in the list of most-reads below what a great contribution younger writers with fresh perspectives are making to the site, such as Leah Williams, Dan Bergsagel and AJ Dehany are making.
Prize Draws / Newsletter
Since we migrated the newsletter to a new server our mailing list has been expanding. Last week's prize draw was the second most popular ever.
Read on / About Us page
That is probably quite enough selfie-ing. But anyone keen to know more about LJN should look at the newly updated About Us page or the Team page (link above). Or ask us.
MOST READ ARTICLES IN THE RECORD -BEAKING MONTH OF APRIL 2017
1) AJ Dehany's review of Tigran at Kings Place
2) News story / report on the JazzFM Awards
3) Dan Bergsagel's report of the last night at The Forge
4) Review of NYJO + BuJazzO _ NJJO at Kings Place
5) RIP Stan Robinson 1936 -2017
6) Profile of photographer Monika S Jakubowska
7) Review of a rare visit to the UK by Patricia Barber
8) Kat Pfeiffer's photos of BYJO / BuJazzO / NJJO
9) News of the unveiling of a plaque in Wandsworth in honour of Sir George Shearing with text from Alyn Shipton and photos by Paul Wood
10) Leah Williams' review of Christian Scott's Rebel Ruler album launch in Dalston